Ms. Rollins, New Biology Teacher, Joins AHS Staff

Tara Rollins is the new Biology teacher at Armuchee High School in the 2020-21 school year. This is her first year teaching; however, she graduated from college in 2018. She took 2 years off after graduating from college, and during that time she did non profit work. She is a graduate from the University of Georgia, where teaching was her third major. She says that she took classes in other areas, but none of them interested her as much as teaching did. She said, “If I was not a teacher, I would definitely be a Conservation Biologist.” She wanted to do something that involved science, but she wasn’t interested in medical school. She said, “My favorite part about Armuchee would probably have to be the science department here.”

She chose to work at Armuchee over other schools because she wanted to be near her family who lives in the area. She has a twin brother, a younger sister, and a dog which was her graduation present from college. Ms. Rollins attended Adairsville High school, along with her twin brother. She played soccer, ran cross country, and participated in the JROTC Raiders where they completed timed runs and obstacle courses. She graduated from Adairsville High School in 2014. She said, “I am excited to have the opportunity to teach at AHS, and I can’t wait for the rest of the year.”