The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Alejandra Aldanna Crowned AHS 2023 Homecoming Queen

Principal Mr. Pethel crowning our 2023 Homecoming queen

Armuchee High School’s Homecoming Queen, senior, Alejandra Aldana was crowned at the exciting Homecoming football game on the night of September 15th. After hearing her name be announced as queen, Alejandra said, “I felt joy and excitement at that moment, and I felt extremely blessed and grateful for all of the support I have received from Armuchee.” Alejandra plays a big role at Armuchee High School being a state champion cross-country runner and a state runner-up soccer player. Mrs. Rollins, Assistant soccer coach, said, “Alejandra is a strong leader, and is always uplifting everyone she’s around. The coaches and I call her Coach Ale because she is always helping everyone around her.” Many fellow teammates and peers describe Alejandra as being an honest person who is very passionate and kind to everyone she interacts with. She uniquely represents the school and our community with the title of Queen.

Homecoming consists of a week of fun dress-up days, voting on the grade level representatives, a reverse parade, an exciting football game, and a dance to end the week. Senior, Alejandra Aldana said, “During the school week the Homecoming Parade was very special to me; I was very happy to be involved and set up my tent with my friends and family.” The parade allowed our representatives the opportunity to show their different interests. As people drove through they were able to find out many personal qualities about each representative, including how Alejandra plays the violin in her free time. This had a personable effect as community members were able to better understand the values the representatives bring to the table.

The Homecoming football game to end the week is more special than the rest because it creates an exciting environment due to all the events taking place. At halftime, the extremely anticipated crowning occurs. Two freshman, sophomore, and junior girl representatives from each grade, and the senior representatives, which includes five boys and five girls, walked the field. The 10 Seniors had the opportunity to represent the school by being voted Homecoming King or Queen. Alejandra said, “Being Homecoming Queen to me means, representing Armuchee for the Class of 2024 and the community. It shows the love and recognition I have gotten through my involvement in the community.” She feels very proud to be chosen by the Armuchee student body, and to be in the spotlight. “The community has always uplifted me throughout all of my high school career.” Alejandra now has taken on an important role. Sophomore, Mannu Singh said, “I think a Homecoming Queen needs to have leadership, respect, and school spirit because if they are now a serious example; then they must represent the school very well because they’ve been chosen by the people to represent.” Students believe the 2023 Homecoming Queen, Alejandra Aldana, has just what it takes to set a great example for our school.