The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Keeping Up with Tribe Football

Coach Eric Belew’s Innaugural Season

The Tribe record stands at 4 wins and 2 losses this season, the inaugural season of the new head coach Eric Belew. Coach Belew’s first region game was at Coosa High School where the Indians beat Coosa 28-0 with a large showing from the Armuchee community. Friday nights are something special here at Armuchee High School. Students and parents come out to show their support for the team. The cheerleaders always keep the crowd active and loud to motivate the players. Everyone is having a blast watching the Tribe this year with newfound hope. The Armuchee team has seen many changes this year: a new coaching staff and aspirations.

This season is the inaugural season of the new head coach Eric Belew Last year Armuchee went 3-7.   “I just want us to be successful at whatever is right in front of us,” said Belew. Coach Belew’s presence on the football team is a positive one. Jase Stockton, freshman, who has seen some playing time at the varsity level as a safety and wide receiver said, “I love how Coach Belew keeps practices really fast-paced and you’re always active” 

One staple of an Armuchee football home game is the student section. They bring in an electric atmosphere to hype up the players during the game. The students really showed out in the game where the Armuchee Indians beat Southeast Whitfield High by 43 points. Every home game the student has a unique theme to give students a fun way to show school spirit. Harrison Hulsey, senior, said, “My favorite theme was definitely the American flag red, white and blue.” Although the student section does not have a direct impact on the field, it does impact the players. Landon McCollom, sophomore, said, “They stay for anything good or bad. They really give us a lot of support and keep us motivated.”

Another tradition at Armuchee is the pre-game meal, which is more important than just the food. The team brings a guest speaker to give the players a good pep talk to make sure they play their hardest and remember what’s important. Senior Cole Bishop said,  “One of the messages we have learned is to play the game like it is our last because you are never guaranteed the next game”

Along with coach Belew’s tenure as coach, the team raised enough funds to get new Nike jerseys that has turned to a well-received gesture via the players. according to Gabe Blackburn, Junior, who plays left guard and defensive nose. He said, “Definitely. with the new uniforms and new gear we feel like we look a lot more professional.”