The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

AHS Welcomes Hannah Brown, Spanish Teacher

Mrs. Brown is a new Spanish teacher at AHS, teaching Spanish I, II, and III. She is very passionate about her job and her students. Her students describe her class as interactive and enthusiastic. 

Mrs. Brown’s high school Spanish teacher took time after school to help her with both Governor’s Honors and studying. Her teacher was the one who helped her to get into education, and she now has been teaching for over 20 years. She started with preschool and was in the transportation department, as well. She has been teaching Spanish for about 5 years. Mrs. Brown just moved here from Coosa. She said, “The greatest challenge I have had so far is learning how things work here as opposed to another school.” She has been fluent in Spanish for a while now and she said, “I did Governor’s Honors in high school, so it has always come more naturally to me. Some people have an aptitude for math or English but mine is languages.¨ 

Mrs. Brown said some of her goals as a teacher this year include helping some of her students get into the Hispanic Heritage Society and also getting the bilingual seal for their diplomas. She hopes to encourage her students and coach them to understand the language more and to want to be more involved in the classroom. A fun tradition she has in her classroom is tickets. Each time a student wins a game or is participating in class, they get a chance to win tickets. The students put your name on all the tickets you have been given and you put them in your class jar. At the end of each month, she draws a person’s name and they win a special prize. She hopes the tickets will encourage her students to be more involved and active in the classroom. Mrs. Brown likes to prepare interactive and creative lessons for her students. The lesson she is preparing right now is about the history of bullfighting, and her students have already said they are so excited to start learning more about it.

Students describe her classes as fun and interactive. Ethan Hernadez, a junior who is taking the Spanish III course, said, “She’s very happy and exciting in the classroom, and she’s very funny.”  For upcoming Spanish I and II students, Ethan said, “Make sure to listen and focus in class. Do all your work and be involved in the lesson.” Garrett Bourg, a sophomore at AHS described his transition over from Spanish I to Spanish II. “There is a smooth transition, and I like how we’re constantly learning and reviewing,” said Garrett. Over the past couple of months, Mrs. Brown has worked hard to teach her students and get them involved in the classroom while also trying to build a strong connection between her and her students. 

Mrs. Brown has traveled to many places, but she said if she could go to any Spanish-speaking country in the world that she has not been to before she said, ¨I would first choose Spain. It has quite a lot of ancient historic sites.¨ One of her other hobbies includes cosplay. She loves to dress up as a different character and be creative with it.