Most Athletic Shelby Green Class of 2023

Taylor Burns, Journalist

Shelby Green was recently chosen for the most athletic senior superlative by the Armuchee High School class of 2023. Green is a very involved student athlete at Armuchee. She runs on both the cross country and track teams. Green has been attending school at Armuchee since she was in pre-k. The Armuchee community has played a large role in Green’s life. She says, “Armuchee definitely means a lot to me. Being able to grow up from pre-k to senior year at Armuchee has given me so many amazing opportunities and memories that I will look back on in the future.” Green loves that every person in the Armuchee community truly has tribe pride. She says, “My favorite thing about Armuchee is people that are passionate about leaving a good impression whether that be educationally, artistically, or athletically.” Green puts a lot of effort into her athletic activities. She says, “I train everyday except for Mondays, and although it can be overwhelming at times, I try to stay dedicated knowing that the outcome will be what I hoped for. I also switch up running with swimming or other cross training activities like the elliptical, which helps prevent injury and increase longevity within the sport.” Green has had many athletic accomplishments throughout her highschool career at Armuchee. She says, “some of my biggest accomplishments would be winning 4×800 with my team and team champs in XC 2021. I would also consider having the opportunity to continue my athletic career in college a huge accomplishment.” Green’s future plans are to attend Georgia Tech and compete for the cross country and track team and study environmental engineering. Something Green looks forward to after high school is “meeting new people and being in a new environment.” While some student athletes may struggle to stay motivated, Green states that her motivation is “just the overall outcome of success and knowing that the miles of running will eventually pay off.” Someone that Green looks up to as an athlete is “Sydney Mcglaughlin, a 23 year old Olympic sprinter who competed in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.” Green believes that the most athletic teacher at Armuchee High school would have to be Coach Charles Elliott. “He frequently runs with the distance squad at track practice and has a lot of knowledge about weight training as well,” says Green. Green will always treasure her memories from her four years at Armuchee High School. She says, “My experience at Armuchee High School has been everything I could have asked for. I’ve met so many amazing people, and learned so much about myself.” Some of Green’s favorite memories from highschool are shared with her teammates. She says “there are so many good memories at Armuchee but I think one of my favorites would have to be the bus ride back from cross country state in 2021.” Green’s advice to underclassmen is “to enjoy and cherish every moment!” Green works very hard at what she does and is very deserving of the most athletic senior superlative award.