The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Homecoming Representatives Shine Brightly

Alejandra with her fellow senior representatives

On September 15th, 2023, the homecoming court of Armuchee High School walked onto the field as representatives of their graduating class. The homecoming court is an adventure that few people get to experience.

As representatives prepared for Homecoming Court, Logan Hunton, Senior, wants to impact the younger students. He said, “Have fun. A lot of people can take it too seriously or get upset about it, but really at the end of the day it’s just about having fun with your friends.” 

When Mrs. Flagello announced the few lucky students who represented their grades, a buzz began to float around the school. Excitement flowed through the halls of Armuchee High School and the students began to prepare for the dance. Taylor Burns, junior, said she had many appointments and errands to plan and complete leading up to homecoming. She said, “I plan hair and makeup appointments and get a dress, I always wait til the last minute so it’s a little stressful, but it always ends up working out.” Taylor has been on Homecoming Court for the past 3 years, and this year her dress was gold. She said, “I went to a lot of stores out of town, and I had an idea that I wanted a gold dress. I tried on some dresses that were different colors, but I wanted a gold dress.” She also said, “ My favorite Taylor Swift album is Fearless, and my gold dress reminded me of it.” 

The night of the football game, all the representatives walked out with bright smiles from ear to ear, anticipating the winners. Taylor Burns, junior, said, “It’s very exciting, and I’m very grateful for it.” She is not the only one who finds being on the court an exciting experience. Ella Dunagan, sophomore, said, “It was exciting, fun, and interesting.” 

The few lucky and selected students who were chosen to represent each grade of Armuchee High School were chosen by their peers. Being selected out of a hundred or so people in your grade is special, and these candidates will never forget the feeling of being nominated to be on the Homecoming Court. As our two freshman representatives were selected, Olivia Casey, a freshman said her first impression of Homecoming Court was unexpected and enjoyable. “It was pretty fun, I didn’t really expect to get it, so it was really interesting getting the position in the first place.” “It was not what I expected, I thought it would be over in a second, but I had a lot of fun and just got to dress up and talk to all of my friends and take pictures.” 

As Armuchee High School’s 2023-2024 Homecoming Court:

Senior Male Representatives: 

Logan Hunton, 

Jackson Coonley, 

Mylz McWhorter, 

Ryland Steen, 

Hagen Terry

Senior Female Representatives: 

Alejandra Aldana-Millian,

Madi Bray,

Olivia Dorsey,

Jaycie Johnson,

Ivey Whitaker

Junior representatives:

Kileigh Barcomb,

Taylor Burns

Sophomore representatives:

Ella Dunagan,

Peyton Puckett

Freshman representatives:

Olivia Casey,

Kennedy Cape