The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

2023’s Sensational Spirit Week

Homecoming Memories Made
2023s Sensational Spirit Week

As the homecoming game and dance approached, the Tribe prepared for their Spirit Week. With fun days scheduled, the students at AHS have came up with unique ideas for each day to celebrate this year’s homecoming. Days included “Anything but a Backpack”, “Rhyme without Reason”,” Country/Country Club”, Pajama Day, and “America the Beautiful”. 

A common favorite among students was the Anything-but-a-Backpack Day and Rhyme-without-Reason Day. While everyone took advantage of being able to bring carts and baby strollers to school, others made it one of the funniest days including Carter Kibble, who brought a Little Tikes car to school. Kibble, a sophomore, said, “I wanted my anything-but-a-backpack to be funny to make my classmates laugh.” Tuesday’s Rhyme without Reasons also brought out the creative side of AHS’s students including Gavynn Espy and Elijah Robillard who dressed up as frog and dog. Robillard, a freshman, said, “Even though both of our costumes were inflatable costumes, it was super easy to get into.” Many students used their past ideas to come up with something new for this week. Espy, a freshman, said, “I got my costume last year for Halloween.” Even though they had brought their costumes for different occasions through texting, they brought together a great costume duo. Other duos included Ethan Hernandez and Julian Alvarez, juniors, as money and bunny; Mrs.Dougherty and Mr.Dougherty, as a golf caddy and baby daddy; Taylor Ragland and Ava WIlliams, juniors, as a trash bag and the American flag; and Gabriela Castro and Kate Abston, 7th graders, as marshmallow and squishmallow. 

Participation was high between students and teachers for Country vs. Country Club. Dr. Bettler said, “I think I fit the country category better because that is just who I am.” Coach Watterson, a science teacher, said, “I think I fit country club better than country, but I could probably pull off a hippie science teacher the best.”  

A student favorite, Pajama Day took place on that Thursday leading up to the dance.  This day proves time and time again to be very popular! Adrian Chacon, a seventh grader, said, “Pajama day was my favorite because I was able to wear my fun monkey pajamas.” As Thursday sadly came to a close, students began to prepare for Friday’s theme “America the Beautiful”. This theme went hand-in-hand with our student section’s theme that Friday.  Participants flooded into the school, filling the hallways with the colors of red, white, and blue. Gameday was a very anticipated and loved day here at AHS, so both students and teachers showed their support. 

As a community here at Armuchee High School, we are very grateful to AHS’s student leadership team for the effort poured into mustering up the ideas and fun for the homecoming dress-up days. These themes brought an extra layer of excitement to the week for both students and teachers!