The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Kind and Caring New Teacher

Sarah Fellows
Mrs. Fellows posing with a student.

Sarah Fellows is a new AHS staff member as a Parapro in seventh and eighth-grade classrooms. Before teaching at Armuchee, Mrs. Fellows was a 9th-grade English teacher. Mrs. Fellows connects with her students by engaging in conversations with them about their interests or hobbies. She also persistently offers assistance with schoolwork to those who need it. Coach Elliot, a seventh and eighth-grade social studies teacher, said, “She always takes initiative to help the kids. I do not even have to say I need her help. She always walks around and helps kids while I’m teaching. She is phenomenal.” Tynajah Dennis, a seventh-grader, said, “Mrs. Fellows does not just help one person specifically. She makes sure everybody understands what they are doing.” 

At first, Mrs. Fellows was nervous about moving to a new school, but she has come to love the Armuchee community. She said, “Armuchee is special because the sense of community here is strong. People are kind and welcoming.” By seeing this atmosphere around her, she wants to be a part of the “We>Me” mission statement here at AHS. She said, “I hope to be a teacher but also a person who is honest and very kind.” Mrs. Fellows loves watching the students learn from each other and comprehend the classroom subject. She said, “When they are focused, I feel like it means more seeing them get it from each other because they can understand and teach one another in different ways that I cannot.” Teaching was not a profession Mrs. Fellows initially pursued. She said, “Teaching was not something I dreamed of doing as I grew up, but it landed in my lap. And it’s just what I was meant to do.” She has a natural ability to help students grasp topics and has a heart for her students to become better people. This is a testament to how Mrs. Fellows is acting upon the exact example she is striving to set for everyone around her.

Before arriving here at Armuchee High School, Mrs. Fellows and her family lived in Wrenz, Georgia just outside of Augusta, Georgia. She and her husband, Carson, have four children, Caleb, a junior, Grace, a sophomore, Leigha, a freshman, and Holden, an eighth grader, all students here at AHS.  Mrs. Fellows said, “My husband is a pastor, and we moved because he took a new church job. We followed him here so he could pastor a church in this community.” In her free time, Mrs. Fellows enjoys playing with her cats and listening to pop music by Harry Styles. Mrs. Fellows said, “My favorite subject is English because growing up in high school, I had wonderful English teachers.” Mrs. Fellows hopes to set an example for her students that resembles one of Styles’ songs, Treat Others With Kindness. Mrs. Fellows said, “I’m quoting Harry Styles, ‘Treat others with kindness.’”

Picture on Mrs. Fellows’ Teacher badge.
Mrs. Fellows helping a student.