Senior Superlatives 2018-19

Senior Superlatives 2018-19

Bryce Abshire

Most Talented

This years, most talented for the senior boys is Luke Smith who plays the guitar and sings. One thing he said, that helps me improve my talent is “That I surround myself with better musicians every day, so that they encourage me to do better.” Another talent that Smith finds himself doing a lot is singing no matter what he is doing or where he is. Smith plans after high school to go to Georgia Highlands and to finish his core classes, then later transfer to a big school such as North Georgia while he continues to work and play music. Smith learned great skills at AHS that can help him get through the struggles of becoming an adult. He said, “I have learned how to have a good work ethic; these are great skills that will help me after high school.” Smith’s favorite memory is when he wrote a song for his favorite teacher Mrs. Boston he wrote the song with one of his best friends Zack, and the best thing was that it went viral around the school. Smith will always remember Armuchee through the words of Tribe and True “As a tribe, we are family, and we are always true to the family” Smith is also looking forward to being a leader now that he is a senior and graduating.

This year’s senior girl awarded most talented is Katie Weatherford. Her talents are singing and acting, one way Weatherford has used her talents in everyday life is “talking to people is a great help, and also doing as many things as you can.”  Weatherford never expected to receive this award due to she has not been here at this school long enough, so she did not think people knew who she was. After high school Weatherford has planned on where she wants to go Weatherford said “If I could go anywhere I would want to go to Julliard in New York, even if I don’t make it there right after high school, I will eventually be acting in New York.” What Weatherford has learned from AHS is that “AHS has an environment that you can really create your own opportunities.” One of the most memorable moments Weatherford remembers is of “After One Act everyone was getting ready to leave and then an emergency light started shooting flames.” Tribe and True means a lot of things to Weatherford but this is the most important thing that it means to her “Tribe and True means even when you are not winning you are still working to be better.” Weatherford is most looking forward to graduation this year because she believes it will be the beginning of the rest of her life.