Preparing for the 2023-2024 School Year on Bridge Day

Destiny Castro, Journalism Editor and Intern

On March 16th, AHS will be hosting its first Bridge Day which is an expanded conference for the rising 8th-12th graders from 8:15-3:30. Mr.Branson, an assistant principal at AHS, said “this is exclusive to the Armuchee community in that we are the only school within the county school system that is providing this type of opportunity to our families.”

Bridge Day is a very important part of every student’s high school career, especially for seniors. It will allow seniors to walk through their choices of classes and selections with their parents and ask any questions to Mr.Branson and the counseling staff who we be on hand throughout the day. Ms.Stansell will go through what plan each senior should have and Mr.Banson will be presenting about High School 101. Mrs.Dexter, a counselor at AHS, said, “We will publish the presentation times ahead of time so people can plan on attending that which pertains to them!”

Students should be prepared to know their individual graduation plan and be able to explain their choices for class selections which were created with Mr.Branson and/or the staff counseling in their English classes this semester with their parents before attending the conference, especially for parents who will be attending the conference without their students. This conference will give parents and guardians to have input on their child’s graduation plan and class selections and sign off on these choices for next year.

The specifics that will be discussed with parents are the individual graduation plans, 9-11th grade reports transcripts, and the selection of classes for the school year 2023-2024

Students who have not signed up for a timeslot need to reach out to their first-period teacher. There will also be a College and Career Fair happening at the top of the Main Gym on Bridge Day which is welcome to all students including seniors and their parents. The Bridge Day guests will include Reinhardt University, Berry College, Shorter University, Kennesaw State University, Georgia Highlands, and others.

The choices made on Bridge day will affect the scheduling of classes and internships for the following year. Ms.Dexter, an AHS counselor, said “ It is our hope that by bridging the gap between the school and the families of AHS. It is our goal that this creates as much of a smooth transition as possible into the next school year since we worked together on these plans. It really does take a village and this is just another way that WE>ME!”