The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

Tribe Tribune

The Wonders of Key Club

60 Members Strong

Key Club is an organization held at Armuchee every year for students in 9-12 grade. It allows students to become more involved in the school community and help others in need. To accomplish this, members volunteer at school and non-school events, hold fundraisers and participate in caring acts of service, such as sending letters to veterans and packing things for Brighter Birthdays. 

Mrs. Byrnes, the co-founder of Key Club, said, “I’m excited for Key Club this year! Being able to see how the students smile whenever they are participating in bettering the community is an amazing thing to witness.” By getting involved in Key Club, students can help out hundreds of people. The organization already holds around 60 members that all have been a huge help. As a team, the students in Key Club have shown that by working together they can make a big impact. Lauren Early, secretary of Key Club, said, “I couldn’t do what I do without all of the other members. We all work really well together and we have a great time.”

Early, secretary of Key Club, also said, “ This year we want to keep doing Brighter Birthdays, but branch outside of that so that we can help more people and reach other needs than just what we are used to reaching.” As Key Club continues to progress, the organization wants to start doing new things but also continue to do events that they have already been doing. For example, Brighter Birthdays is an event that Key Club has been doing for 5 years now. Brighter Birthday is an organization that helps pack bags for kids who wouldn’t have had a birthday. The bags contain items like plates, cups, toys, etc. Getting involved in this event is something that brings the Key Club members joy because they get to put smiles on kids’ faces. 

Key Club is a very big organization at Armuchee with over 60 members, and with many members comes many activities to do. Mrs. Mowery, the advisor of Key Club, said, “We are planning a Halloween-themed bake sale and Team Trivia to raise money for Hospitality House and scholarships for senior club members.” Some other things that Key Club has already done are work at concession stands for various sporting activities, wiped down desks for the school, and even completed a campus cleanup. 

Riley Sutton, Makayla Eads, and Dylan Pierce volunteering at Northside’s Annual Trunk or Treat.

Key Club will hold meetings for all members to try to attend. The meetings are to stay on top of when all of the events are and to make sure the members get time to interact with one another. Emalee Collins, historian and social media director of Key Club said, “In our first meeting, we voted on officers and played Ships and Sailors.” In Key Club, the members have to get along well to work together. Playing Ships and Sailors, allowed the members in Key Club to have time to interact with one another. Not only did the members get to know each other at the first meeting, but they also selected officers. The officers are there to help keep everything organized and make sure everyone knows what is going on.

2023-24 Officers:

Ryan Strickland, Jackson Pledger, Parker Cambell, Riley Sultten, Lauren Early, Emalee Collins, Kennedy Cape, Mannu Singh, Jessie Moore, and Avery Seiter. One of Key Club’s officers, Mannu, said, “I wanted to be an officer because I wanted to take a leadership role and get more students involved.” All of Armuchee’s Key Club officers this year are considered excellent leaders because they take time out of their day to make sure everything is going as planned, and they also encourage others to join as well. Many students join Key Club because it looks good on college applications, while this may be true Key Club also helps students realize the impacts that they can have on others and even themselves. Students can join Key Club at any time if they are interested in having fun but also helping out the community.