Kylee Cowart Named Miss AHS

Carlie Wolfer

Kylee Cowart won the senior superlative of Miss AHS, with her boyfriend, Blake Mathis, this year. Kylee, Miss AHS, explained that this position strengthens her leadership skills. Kylee said, “It encourages me to be a better leader because I am representing my community.” While attending AHS and being involved, Kylee has formed many friendships, one of those being Mary Grace Traylor, also a senior at Armuchee. Mary Grace expressed, “Kylee is the best representation of Armuchee, as a whole. In everything she does she tries to find a way to give back to Armuchee.” One way Kylee has involved herself at Armuchee is through cheer. Kylee did not always do cheer, but it became a major part of her life during Sophomore year. Mary Grace explained, “She played softball her freshman year and joined football cheer during her sophomore year. Kylee did a great job connecting with members of the cheer team and she developed quickly as a leader.” Cassie Hellriegel, Kylee’s football cheer coach of three years, said, “She has always showed up to every single practice and game and been reliable.” When asked what words best describe Kylee, Hellriegel said “Optimistic, hopeful, and encouraging. Kylee has always had a good attitude and been a great mentor to younger kids on the team. She takes her time to get to know them and encourages them.” Being Miss AHS, as a senior, prepares Kylee for the future. “This shows me that I may always have people looking up to me and this motivates me to be the best version of myself, ” said Kylee. Kylee advises the underclassmen, “Whatever you do, do it with all your heart. Be yourself.” After high school, Kylee Cowart has exciting plans that lay ahead. She said, “I plan to go to Georgia Highlands to become a registered dental hygienist.” When asked how she thinks she attained the superlative of Miss AHS, Kylee said, “By representing my school well and striving to always be kind to others.” Cowart feels attending Armuchee High School has changed her as a person and expressed, “It has taught me to be compassionate and to care for other people. I am very honored to know that people view me as a role model.” This accomplishment has also strengthened Kylee and her boyfriend, Blake, as a couple. Blake won the senior superlative of Mr. AHS and they are proud to represent their school together. “This is an experience we can share together,” Kylee explained. Though attending Armuchee can be fun, exciting, and life-changing, it can also be challenging. Kylee’s challenges during high school include, “successfully handling being a football cheer captain, advanced school work, and working two jobs at the same time.” But with the help of teachers, friends, family, and loved ones, Kylee will graduate with great accomplishments. It is a true honor for Kylee Cowart to be chosen as Miss AHS and she is thankful for her experiences at Armuchee High School.