Most Spirited: Miller and Skinner

Chloe Cook and Sarah Barnes

Armuchee High School is all about team spirit. We have a variety of dress up weeks for faculty and students to express their school spirit. Coach Miller, geometry teacher, enjoys showing his spirit by being able to act like a little kid to support the tribe. “My favorite experience showing off my spirit was when I got to dress up as a rockstar, teach like an old man, while all in my altar ego,” said Miller. Haven Shirey, sophomore, said, “Miller always participates in school events and really shows his true spirit to the tribe.” Miller feels students should embrace their school spirit for the school and community they all love so much.

Mrs. Skinner was chosen for most spirited teacher superlative. This year is Mrs.Skinner’s first year at AHS. She is a ninth-grade physical science teacher. Skinner loves to show school spirit and get students excited for sports activities. She said, “I like to show school spirit because I feel like when I dress up, make signs, cheer loud, and clap, it shows students that you care about what they are doing. It is important that they are involved in sports and activities.” Skinner loves the reactions she gets from dressing up. She said, “My students love when I show school spirit and they are disappointed when I do not participate.” Showing school spirit for the Tribe shows support for our school and community. Skinner said, “ When I show school spirit it makes me feel good. I also loved making run through banners for the softball team.” Skinner loves getting to support her tribe. She said, “I love my Lady Indians.”