Teen Maze Gives Life Lessons

Journie Simpson, Staff Writer

On October 25th, the freshmen attended the Teen Maze field trip to learn what happens when teenagers make the wrong choice and how easy it is to get into car accidents. The Teen Maze sets examples of life lessons for teenagers. On this field trip, Ashlee Adams learned not to do drugs, as well as not to drive while distracted. They had many activities for freshmen at the Coosa Valley Fairgrounds, including driving a golf cart in and out of cones while texting “I’m not too drunk to drive.” Mason Edwards freshmen said, “It was very difficult to drive while texting.”

They had actors there to show teenage drivers how easy it can be to get into accidents while texting and driving, as well as drunk driving. Some people were arrested for drunk driving. Some people were arrested for texting and driving. “My punishment during the maze  was getting arrested because I liked to go probation and I liked to clean up the trash that the police officer threw on the ground,” said freshman Bryce Abshire. Freshman, Mckenzie Day said, “I got arrested and there were actual cops there. They were really serious about it.” A life lesson that Andrew Grant, freshman, learned is that one should never drive under the influence of alcohol. Some people don’t want to go again because it was disturbing, but for freshman, Haven Turner that was the opposite. She would like to go again, because it was fun. Some people also got to take care a baby. “Taking care of a baby isn’t as hard as I thought but it cries a lot and it’s heavy,” Said freshman, Madelyn Morgan. The Teen Maze made some people see the dangers of real life events. Freshman Lori Hayes said, “It helped me see what kind of life activities I need to look for in the future.”