Senior Superlatives 2018-19

Kaylin Coffman, Assistant Editor

Most Spirited

The 2018 senior superlative for Most Spirited, voted by the senior class, has been given to Maura Duke and Paul Padgett. Duke said, “I was surprised when I received the superlative, but I am glad that my classmates can see how much I love my Tribe!” Padgett said, “I hoped that I would receive this superlative, but whoever got it if it wasn’t me, probably deserved it also.”

Duke said that her favorite sport to support would be football because of the atmosphere. She also said, “I love seeing the people who I have grown up with playing the sport that they love.” Padgett said that his favorite sport to support is volleyball. He said, “I believe that spirit comes from having a positive attitude. If you have the wrong mindset, it is hard to stay pumped!” Duke said, “ My favorite memory from this year at AHS was, cheering the football team to victory over Murray County in the pouring rain.” Padgett said that his favorite memory has been tailgating in the parking lot before football games. Duke said that a value she has learned from AHS is that there is always someone there to support her even when things get stressful. Padgett said, “At AHS I have learned that procrastination isn’t always the best option. Throughout the years, you will see a drastic increase in grades and GPA because of this.”

After high school, both Duke and Padgett plan to attend Georgia Highlands College for their first few years. Last year, Principal Rhodarmer came to Armuchee with the saying, Tribe and True. Duke said, “To me Tribe and True means that we are a big family and we will always be indians no matter where life takes us. We have a strong love for our school and community.” Padgett said, “Tribe and True to me means family that sticks together. No matter what the situation is, we stick together and stay true to out tribe… even after high school!”