Meet the Tribe 2018

The Armuchee High School softball team were introduced at Meet the Tribe on August 4th as a kick off to their season.

Kaylie Terry, Staff Writer

Meet the Tribe, an event held at Armuchee High School on August 4th, brought the community together as a kickoff for the Armuchee sports. There were approximately 400 people present at this event. Family and friends of the athletes attended and ate the mouth-watering barbeque. The barbeque money was raised by the football booster club. Children enjoyed inflatables and Sweet Frog’s frozen yogurt.

The teams lined up on the track and one by one they were announced. Each athlete looks at the stands and sees nothing but encouragement towards them and their community. First was the band, then softball, all the pee wee teams, volleyball, competition cheerleaders, football cheerleaders, and ending with the AHS football team. As they were announced, a team walked to the middle and stopped for the audience. Each individual’s name was called and then he or she proceed to walk to the end of the track. The band performed their songs and the football cheerleaders did two cheers, “Move It” and “We Say, You Say”, to get the crowd involved.

Meet the Tribe raised the spirit for the Armuchee community. Mr. Rhodarmer, AHS principal, said, “Anytime you have an event with that amount of people there, the kids feel excited because of all the support. It is a great way to bring everyone together.”

Addison Lovelace, a freshmen at Armuchee High School, and a part of the competition cheerleading team, said, “My favorite part was having all the teams together as one and I loved that it brought everyone closer and helped get to know everyone more.”