Escape Room Debuts in Rome Georgia

Outside of the Colosseum Escape Room

Bryce Abshire, Staff Writer

Looking for a bonding experience with your family and friends? Check out the Escape Room located on Broad Street. Students from Armuchee High School could possibly see a familiar face. Eli Brock junior, works at the Escape Room as a room host where he helps the participants find their  way through the room and their exit out the room. “I have experienced an Escape Room for myself because it is also part of our training,” stated Brock.

There are two types of rooms; there is one for beginners and there is one that is more advanced. Brock said, “If you figure out the advanced one, you’re the greatest of all time at Escape Rooms.” Brock highly recommends that students come and check out the Escape Room. He stated, “The more advanced room is a great challenge and is a very exciting and adrenaline pumping activity.”

This year the girls basketball team went to the Escape Room and made it out of the Escape Room with a time of 57:21. The basketball team’s Addie Grace Trejo’s favorite part about the Escape Room she said was working as a team off the court. Trejo has not only been to this escape room, but she has also been to two other escape rooms so she knew exactly what she was getting into. Trejo definitely recommends other people try the Escape Room. Mary Kate Wheeler is also part of the girls basketball team. She said, “My favorite part of the Escape Room was that we solved puzzles while having a great time.” This was Wheeler’s first time experiencing an Escape Room. Both Wheeler and Trejo said, “Coach Arp was the hardest worker at the Escape Room.” Both basketball stars Wheeler and Trejo said, “We highly recommend anyone trying out the Escape Room; it is a lot of fun.” Coach Arp said, “I liked how it required everyone to work together and how it encourages everyone to rise to the challenge of escaping.” Coach Arp has also been to more then one Escape Room, but she experienced something different this time working with her team. “I enjoyed watching each player contribute to finding clues and how excited they each get when we would unleash a new clue,” Coach Arp also recommends other people trying out the Escape Room. She said, “I think it’s a great team building exercise and also something fun to do with friends or family.” Coach Arp also announced that she would definitely want to go and try it out again with a new group of friends or with her family. It was a wonderful experience, and I would love to do it again. The next time I would go back and do the real difficult one.