Tribefest: A Tradition in the Armuchee Community Continues

Maddie Strawn, Sports Editor

Tribefest was held on October 14th at the walking trail at AHS. Tribefest is a school event supporting all Armuchee area schools. Tribefest offered a variety of booths, from arts and crafts to delicious food. Clubs and sports teams set up booths for fundraising. Our girls basketball team auctioned off a variety of cakes. Key Club members volunteered to help during the event by working the inflatables. The Armuchee school store sold spirit clothing and accessories. Tribefest had inflatables, knocker ball, and a cake walk. Sophomore, Audrey Young’s mom had a booth which sold pallet signs and they were a huge success. Young said, “I love working at Tribefest because everyone is so nice and I’m glad they loved my mom’s art work.” Many other students enjoyed shopping and looking at booths. Sophomore, Chloe Pledger said, “My favorite part about Tribefest is shopping. I bought a shirt, bracelet, cookbook, and jam.”  Tribefest is a tradition in the community. Freshmen, Mercedes Mclaughlin said, “I enjoy attending Tribefest with my family. We go every year, and we have fun every time.” Tribefest is a special day the whole community can come together and have a fun time. Sophomore, Grace Stanley said, “Tribefest is special because it can support and help something I care about, and you can just have a good time while you’re there.” Tribefest was a huge success this year. Mrs. Prince said, “This year we had 50 vendors, more than we have ever had before, and it was great seeing the Armuchee area schools giving back to the community.”