Most Involved Superlatives: Trejo & Williams

AnnElise Brock

Seniors Julia Williams and Darrell Trejo were voted “Most Involved” for senior superlatives class of 2021. Both Julia and Darrell are involved in several extra curricular activities at Armuchee High School. Darrell is a member of the cross country team, basketball team, soccer team, and National Honor Society. Trejo is senior class president, an FCA officer, and he works at Tribe and Brew. Julia is a member of the basketball team, and played softball for two years. She is also active in FCA club. 

Darrell says he believes being involved in high school is important because, “The more you do, the more fun you’ll have and high school is a perfect time to find out what you enjoy and want to do more of later in life.” Julia believes being involved during her high school years is important because she gets to spend more time making memories with her friends. Darrell and Julia’s favorite thing about AHS is the size of the community, which allows everyone to know each other more personally, resulting in a sense of a “family”. Armuchee feels like home, because you’re with all the people you love. What motivated Darrell to get and stay involved was that along with impressive grades, being involved in your school looks good to colleges. He also said, “It feels good to know you made an impact on your school.” Julia says her favorite memory from one of the activities she is involved in is playing in the basketball Christmas tournament which was hosted at AHS this year due to our new gym. Darrell’s favorite memory would either have to be winning the region cross country race as his second to last race in high school or making it to the Elite Eight during his freshman soccer season while getting to play with some of his best friends.

Julia and Darrell both said football games are their favorite school related event to attend because they get to cheer on their school and have fun with their friends, all while watching football.

Darrell says that, although you would think it would be stressful to be as involved as he is and keep his grades up, having this challenge has taught him to have great time management skills and helped him learn to prioritize his schoolwork over his free time. One lesson Darrell has learned from his involvement at AHS, along with time management, is how important it is to be sure and leave a positive impact everywhere you go. Julia says that even though some people may struggle trying to balance schoolwork and extra curricular activities, she is always sure to stay on top of her grades and get her assignments done. Her involvement at AHS has taught her how to multitask. Darrell’s and Julia’s involvement at AHS has clearly had an exceptional impact on their lives, and it is obvious that they will leave behind a tremendous impact on AHS.