Senior Superlatives 2018-19

Bri Carver, Extra Extra Editor

Most Original

This year for senior superlatives Kyle de Young and Rhiannon Duvall won Most Original. Duvall said her older sense of style, humor, and personality is what makes her original. Both de Young and Duvall said they always try to be themselves in every type of sense. deYoung said, “Being original and different is my thing. I do not want to be like anyone else.” The pair said they both consider themselves unlike others. Neither expected to receive this superlative. de Young said he did not know that many people knew him. Duvall said her role model is her grandmother Ramona because she is someone Duvall looks up to. deYoung said his role model is his dad because his dad is tough on him but is still helpful and compassionate when he needs to be.

Duvall hopes to find answers as to what she will do after high school during her senior year. She said she looks forward to making memories that last a lifetime in her senior year. de Young said he wants to study graphic design after high school. He is looking forward to playing with the band at graduation. One of de Young’s favorite memories from AHS is at his Peach State Band Competition last year when all of his friends huddled together to keep warm. Duvall’s favorite memory from AHS was one of her freshman year pep rallies when everyone flooded the floor and sang together. de Young learned how to work hard during his time at AHS and Duvall learned to be kind to everyone she comes across. Tribe and True means family to the pair and remembering where they came from.