Volleyball Season

Volleyball+Season

Emma Hyde and Maddie Strawn, Sophomores

Here at Armuchee High students take pride in our athletics. So far the volleyball teams stats are 10 wins,  9 loses. This year our Varsity Coach is Clint Decker. Junior Varsity Coach is Jeff Simpson. Coach Decker has been coaching volleyball for 2 years. He played volleyball growing up and decided to carry on his volleyball skills by  coaching.“ My favorite thing about coaching volleyball is that the sport is very fast and exciting. I love watching the girls learn new skill, and implement them in their games.”  This year will be senior Brandy Ann Wacker, Gabby Agan, and Victoria Reese’s last year playing for Armuchee Volleyball. Wacker said, “It is bittersweet that this is my last year. Having played 4 years of Varsity Volleyball for this team, it is very tough to look back and know this is my last year. Hopefully I can continue my volleyball career in college.”

The volleyball team is working hard to make it to state. Decker is improving the team by practicing daily on the fundamentals of volleyball. “Until we can do the basics properly and consistently, we will always focus on fundamentals,” said Decker.

JV is also improving tremendously, Simpson said, “This group has been a hard-working group, and I know they will improve and be ready for Varsity when it’s their time.” This year there are eight new freshmen. They are all willing to do whatever it takes to make Varsity level. Freshmen, Mercedes McLaughlin is already showing her skills and achieved her goal to make it to Varsity level early, “ I think just being on Varsity helps me realize I need to take things more seriously.” There only 7 people on Varsity this year. Junior , Bridgette Jones, said, “ I believe we have a very special team this year. I have high hopes for the postseason.”  With all the positive thinking for how this season will go, Sophomore Brette Bata said, “ We will definitely go to state this year. I have no doubt in this team and our skills.”

The volleyball team spent their whole last month of summer dedicating their free time to volleyball. They have worked hard this season to come out number 1, the school will be cheering for them and supporting their journey to state!