The Student News Site of Armuchee High School

Tribe Tribune

Friday Night Lights

Friday night football is something special at AHS. The cheerleaders make signs of support and supplying goody bags for the players that are filled with candy, drinks, food, encouraging letters and signs.

The football team works hard during the summer and at practices to do their best in a game. The team works hard on the field and in the weight room. Traylor, Assistant Coach, said, “We are looking forward to a great season with some great players.” Coach Traylor discussed the team’s work ethic. Traylor said, “The challenge for the season is to work hard and have a good mindset.” He hopes that the team will go out and compete with a great mentality. Traylor said, “The bond between the seniors is great. They have great leadership, and they help the younger players.” Brayden Butler, Junior, said, “I look at the seniors as the best class. They have better leadership.” Players all said that they tried their hardest on the field no matter what, even when all the odds were against them. With having a tough loss against South East Whitfield 27-13, Brayden Perry, junior, said,“ My favorite thing about the season is preparing by working very hard for Friday night.” Perry said, “I view the senior class as big brothers. I want us to have a chance at the playoffs. That is what I am going to work for and push my team so we can achieve that.” Before a game starts, the players always have a pre-game pep talk. On Thursday night they have team bonding at someone’s house, so they can be brothers on and off the field. Everyone is excited about Friday Night Lights being back at AHS.