Tribe Tribune

TeePee Store: Managed by Students

Back to Article
Back to Article

TeePee Store: Managed by Students

This photo has captured a student intern working in the TeePee store. It displays the merchandise we have to pick from and the prices that they cost. With the blue paint on the walls and the school colors all over the room, the TeePee store radiates school spirit.

Cori Wagner, Editorial Editor

The TeePee store is our community’s school store and it is located and operated by students  through Michelle Arp’s Entrepreneurship class at Armuchee High School. The TeePee store is very student involved. For each period there is a Work-Based Learning student who operates the school store. Those students are Kaylin Coffman, Olivia Crumby, Maura Duke, Taylor Harris, Adam Hart, Haley Mathis, and Audrey Young. When students work in the TeePee they get the opportunity to experience what it would be like to have their own apparel business.

Not only do students run the TeePee store, but they also help to come up with designs for it. The designs are created as a collaboration of students interns and business department students. Arp said “When creating designs we consider those that promote Armuchee spirit throughout the community. The designs have to be gender and age neutral. We also don’t put a specific school, just Armuchee Tribe colors and logos.” The business department starts searching for new designs in the spring and summer of each year, then finalizes all of the designs in August when a new Entrepreneurship class has added their input.

Having the TeePee store is a great privilege. Arp said “I enjoy having the TeePee. It’s fun working with students to have a business venture here on campus.” It started eleven years ago through Arp’s Entrepreneurship class following the Georgia Standards to operate a school based enterprise. With all of the positive aspects to it, the TeePee store has some obstacles to face as well. One obstacle due to a county policy is that we can’t allow online orders, but because of that obstacle there will be new flyers promoting the TeePee store.

The school store makes considerable contributions to the school environment that come from the TeePee store though. Arp said “We have been very blessed with participation so far from all schools. This past year we were able to offer three student scholarships, donate to students in need, sponsor leadership trips, and order spirit banners that will be put up in four community schools.” If families or students want to support the school store, see Coach Michelle Arp, or the front office.

Outside the office sits the 2018 class bench, but that isn’t the only new thing in that spot. Painted on the wall is an A in the shape of a teepee and an Indian head. Next to it sits a decoration of the Armuchee A logo.

This is another picture of what people normally don’t get to see when they go to the TeePee store. It looks organized, clean, and is reminiscent of a store that you would buy clothes from. It shows professionalism and gives the TeePee store a very modern and thought-out look.

This picture is a close look at the TeePee store. It shows the board on which the TeePee store prices are displayed and some of the TeePee store merchandise. This picture gives the impression of professionalism and a sense of establishment in the school store.

This picture is another view of the TeePee store. With bright blue walls and “AHS TEEPEE” in large letters on the wall, it features the pride that the business department feels for our school. It also puts into perspective what the TeePee store looks like on a day to day basis.